Super Agent

Belief Influences Non-verbal Communication

According to Michael Bosworth and Ben Zoldan, authors of What Great Salespeople Do, “People tend to think of spoken language as our primary means of communication, but studies suggest that words alone make up only 7 percent of human communication. The other 93 percent consists of tone of voice and nonverbal cues such as facial expressions, gestures, and body posture.”

Sales conversations are reciprocal; the more you engage, listen and communicate effectively the better the conversation, and body language plays a large role in showing the buyer that you are sincerely curious, caring, knowledgeable and a confident leader.

An article in Insurance Journal suggests that “if the non-verbal communication is not congruent with the verbal communication, there will most likely be a failure in the overall communication.” So how can you be sure your body language is consistent with the message you are trying to convey?

Have belief—buyers respond to sincere empathy and concern. Your body language, tonality, facial expressions and gestures will convey your message if you truly believe your leadership is critical to the prospect’s success.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply